Friday, April 16, 2010

Saying Goodbye to (Some) TV

I wish I could say that I got rid of most of my tv channels in an effort to spend less time on the couch and more time outside or doing something productive, but no. It was all about the benjamins, baby. I lowered my package to the cheapest one, which was - oddly enough - some family package.
So no more MTV (good riddance! I don't miss it at all!), no more TBS (well, this channel would have been nice to have.), and I get basically every Disney/Nickelodeon/Noggin channel that exists. Which is fine. Because seriously, there are so many really crappy shows on television, and I'm happy to pare them down.
But you know what? There's one channel I do miss. One really fun, witty and "guilty pleasure" channel that I do think about wistfully every once in a while.
BBCAmerica.

That was good stuff.
Robin Hood hooked me, and Skins was the most incredible and (literally) unbelievably fun soap opera I've ever watched.
Plus, those BBCAmerica documentaries!! I miss them so much! "I'm in love with the Eiffel Tower" ?! "I own or make dolls that look like real babies and everyone thinks I'm crazy but me?" ?!?!
Oh, I miss those documentaries...

No comments:

Post a Comment