Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stars in Our Eyes

I wrote this to Jennie today:
ok. I don't know if I think Roger Federer is stinking hot because I think he's stinking HOT or because he's an awesome tennis player and has a lovely accent and charming personality. Either way: Greek God.
...because yet another beautiful picture came up in my facebook feed. I was watching the US Open a few weeks ago, and the network showed some slow-motion special camera shot thingy to show how Federer never takes his eyes off the ball as he hits it, and basically it ended up looking like a still picture of Federer slowly moving across the screen, his head and eyes never moving. One of the commentators echoed the bursting of my heart by shouting out, "He's a Greek God!"
But the question of beauty (or attraction) coming with fame is not necessarily an original concern. An episode of The Office tackled this same issue with Hilary Swank: beautiful? or beautiful because she's famous?
Let's take a look:
Sept. 15, 2010 - Toronto, ON, Canada - Hilary Swank at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival premiere of 'Conviction. © Red Carpet Pictures 
Yeah, I'm gonna go with just plain beautiful.

See Federer in all his glory for yourself:
Roger Federer of Switzerland hits a forehand in his 5-7, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2, 7-5 defeat to Novak Djokovic of Serbia in the Mens Semifinal at the U.S. Open Tennis Championships in Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York City on September 11, 2010. UPI/John Angelillo Photo via Newscom
And that's while he's hitting a tennis ball in an actual match!

Here's what I tend to look like while I'm mid-hit:
Rafael Nadal of Spain returns a shot against Dmitry Tursunov of Russia during the Japan Open tennis championships in Tokyo October 8, 2010. REUTERS/Yuriko Nakao (JAPAN - Tags: SPORT TENNIS) 
(Rafa is amazing, and also a favorite player of mine, but he's no Roger Federer. I definitely, however, have a little bit of Ricky Ricardo syndrome when I listen to Rafa's interviews.)

No comments:

Post a Comment