Monday, December 20, 2010

When does the self confidence come into the picture?


"It comes with age!"
No, self confidence does not come with age. Self-consciousness shifts to different areas of your life as you grow.
When I was younger I was very self conscious about my appearance and my weight. I basically wanted to fit in and be liked. Although those things are still on my mind, it does not consume me like it once did. As I get older, my lack of self confidence shifts to abilities, talents and knowledge. I want to have self confidence in the things that I choose to do. And this is the only way....
Psalm 118:6-8
6 The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?
7
Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me.
8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people.

2 comments:

  1. This is a weird question, but did you watch John Hagee recently? I was at my parents' house and this was what his sermon was on. Anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I did not. This all stemmed from photographing my cousin's wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete