Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First Love, oh so hard to forget


My first love was this wonderful, awesome, adventurous ... car that I call KITT. KITT was a car that I bought when I turned 17. She was a black Nissan 240sx with flip up headlights and a spoiler. She cemented my love of Nissans forever. When I was 21, I rear-ended a Corvette, totalling my car.
First cars are a little bit like first loves, in a way. I have only fond memories about KITT, and I have fond memories of my first (human) love. I prefer to remember only the good times. I block out all memories of expensive repairs (Nissan parts are expensive!). And, most importantly, even though I bask in the nostalgia of my Nissan, there's a part of me that knows that the past is just the past, and I wouldn't want to still be driving that old Nissan. I'm a completely different person now. I want a NEW Nissan :)

2 comments:

  1. See I don't have this emotion with my first car. You only have this emotion because you liked your first car. Excuse me, loved it. My first car was a '77 Pinto. It didn't run. My second car was a Ford Tempo from 83 ... it ran for about a month. My third car ... you know. This just gets more depressing. I am going to stop. When I get a car I love, I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pintos are awesome, in a "matchsticks are awesome" kind of way. You owe that car your life - literally, since, apparently, it didn't go up in flames at any point while you were in it. Anyway, yes, I have an emotional attachment to my first car that others may not. She was beautiful, and I will always yearn for another car with flip-up headlights.

    ReplyDelete