Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Murtaugh List

I’ve been inspired by the latest episode of How I Met Your Mother to create my own Murtaugh List of things I am too old for. Now, I know that a lot of people like to think that we’re only as old as we feel, and that’s true to a certain extent, but these are the things I’m just not feelin’ anymore.
I am too old for:
• staying up mad late without sleeping in.
• wearing a high-cut skirt with a low-cut shirt. There’s a thin line here. Because most people are either too old or too young for this. Prostitutes, though; they’re fine with this ensemble at any age.
• drinking more than 3 beers within a 24-hour period.
• playing a computer game for more than a half hour at a time.
• eating a lot of candy/chocolate instead of a meal. i.e. M&Ms for dinner. Too old.
• letting myself get “bullied” into anything. Not only am I too old to do something I don’t want to do, but life’s too short.
• acting stupid in front of strangers. I think I do this a decent amount by accident, though ☺
I guess that’s about it. Suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I am too old to talk to a 16 yr old about boys. Something I learned last night....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Yeah, that's kind of where I was going with "acting stupid in front of strangers" but I was trying to use code or make it more generic. But, yeah. I agree - me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are fuddy duddies.

    Wendy often eats candy and ice cream or popcorn for dinner. That isn't an age thing, just a preference. And also, I don't think this is an " I am too old for this" I think it is more like, " I have discovered I don't like to do ..." You can dislike something without an excuse like age. It is just a preference. Stand up for your beliefs. No matter how trivial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go ahead, make your "I'm too old" list ... soon, you will be making a "I will never be too old to" list

    ReplyDelete