Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dairy Free....WHAT DID I DO?


The past few months I have been having a lot of issues with my skin. When I went to the dermatologist her options were:
1. PILLS
2. PILLS
3. PILLS
I am not a health freak, but I am really adamant about attempting to stay off as much medication as I humanly and possibly can. I see people who have medicine cups FULL of pills to take every day. I have heard of many cases in which the mixture of medicines have given Parkinson type affects. So...if I don't have to take medication, I really don't want to. This medication, in this case, would be for lack of a better term: Vanity. I just couldn't do it, so in boycotting my dermatologist and her "pill frenzy", I have decided to try a dairy-free diet in an attempt to coax my skin into submission.
By the way, THIS SUCKS. I started yesterday and it is hard. Basically I wanted a cheeseburger all day long. Part of me wants this NOT to work so I can have cheese again!
One thing that confuses me though is lactose-free vs. dairy-free. What is the difference?

1 comment:

  1. you can DO IT! We'll read that book, start to look like Alicia Silverstone and we'll look amazing once we're full-on vegans.
    YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete