Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happiness


What brings you happiness?
Money? Success? Dream Job? Spouse?
When you look at wealthy people, what do you see? More possessions than any normal person could dream of.
They aren't truly happy. They buy things because they think it will make them happy, but it is an endless cycle.
I often think that I know what will bring me happiness. Marriage, a bigger house, a nicer car, a skinnier body.
Sure, at first, all of those things will make me happy. They will not, however, bring me true LASTING happiness. The joy will be momentary.
If someone asked me to describe myself, I would not list CONTROL FREAK as one of my characteristics. When I take a look at my life, my decisions and my desires, I am the biggest CONTROL FREAK I know. I bargain with God to get my way. I try to manipulate situations to get what I want. I do what I want without asking if it is God's Will. Most of the time I don't even realize I am doing it....
I try to control the situation because I think that if I get what I want....it will make me happy.

Matthew 5:6
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, too. Sometimes I think I'll be happy if I have ___. But why would I think that? If I'm not happy now, why would I be with this other thing?
    But don't worry, I AM happy, friends. Don't call the psychiatrists yet.
    :)

    ReplyDelete