Friday, January 14, 2011

One Word 2011

I read several blogs in which they have decided to choose
ONE word
that will define their year (instead of making resolutions).
I really liked the idea, but I had already made my resolutions. So, I have decided to do both.
I knew my word, instantly! I even commented on one of the blogs with my word: Challenge.

"Good word, Jennie. Good word."

Then...BOOM!
I started to feel like God was giving me a different word to define my year, and I wasn't happy about it.
Contentment.
Man....God, Why?! Why contentment?!
I struggle with contentment. I am restless a lot....with my life and circumstances.
I need to strive for Contentment, not in the sense that I will be complacent and inactive in my life, but okay with where God has me. I still have desires that I feel are God-given, but I have to be content with what God has given me. So here goes trying!

Matthew 11:28-29

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Philippians 4:11-13

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


1 comment:

  1. love it, and I love that verse from Philippians. Paul is always trying to kick my butt. He's like, "oh, you're complaining? YOU'RE complaining? I'm in PRISON and I'm CONTENT. In your FACE!" except, of course, he says it in a much more loving way.

    ReplyDelete