Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fortune Cookies and Such

"A friend will soon tell you an exciting secrets!"

"Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to."

"Don't trust a ho, never trust a ho. Don't trust a ho, don't trust me."

These were the fortune cookies I've gotten in the past 24 hours (and I didn't even order any Chinese food!). On New Year's Eve, I partied with the Clack clan, and we wrote our own fortunes and folded them into home-made fortune cookies. Yum! That recipe made the best fortune cookies I've ever tasted. I got the last two fortunes listed (and as you can see, we had a wide range of fortunes written for those!). Then, today on 1/1/11, I stopped by my parent's house, and ate a fortune cookie that my mom had gotten from her lunch today. That was the first fortune I listed.
So I guess that if the last thing I did last year, and the first thing I did this year (well...one of the first things) sets the tone for the rest of the year, then I'll be eating a lot of yummy food this year!
Or maybe... I'll be traveling to foreign lands and experiencing new cultures.
OR MAYBE... I should expect an exciting secret, keep smiling, and never trust a ho.

In other news, feast your ears on this:

2 comments:

  1. LOL!... You are AWESOME! I can't believe you posted your last fortune. It's good advice, though, don't you think?

    So glad you were with us last night. Thank you for being such a good friend to Katie and ... well, I know you are a family member but what are you ... a daughter I never told anyone about? a long lost cousin? or a niece perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast. I always have fun with the family. Katie is such a great friend to ME. We'll go with niece - you're way too young for me to be your daughter. But I'll still try to call your children my brothers and sisters. They crack me up!

    ReplyDelete