Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tweet this, Tweet that

SAN FRANCISCO - APRIL 14: Attendees mingle during a break at the first annual Chirp, Twitter Developer's Conference April 14, 2010 in San Francisco, California. Chirp, the Twitter Devloper's Conference is a two day event for developers who work with the popular social networking service. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
I joined Twitter not too long ago, and I'm really enjoying a lot of things about it. I follow some of my favorite bands (hear about upcoming shows), writers (learn what life is like when you're a full-time author ... it rocks!) and folks in the publishing industry (hear helpful hints and find out what everyone's saying about certain books/authors). I also follow friends and get to keep up on things that they think are important.
I like it so much, that I feel like the only problem with it is me. I never know what to tweet about, and when I do think of something, I second-guess my decision. I think, "No one cares what I'm doing this weekend, or what I think about so-and-so." But I guess that's what Twitter is all about. People DO care, which is why everyone's on it.
I read a blog (and follow on Twitter) the CEO of a publishing company who has very strong feelings about social media in the workplace and in our lives. He is quite adamant that Twitter is here to stay, and executives MUST learn how to utilize it for their companies. He has even blogged several times about how we can use Twitter effectively. And STILL, I just feel like I'm not doing it correctly.
Any ideas, friends? I don't want to end up writing things like "I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich," so what are some ways to come up with insightful and interesting tweets? What are your tactics?

1 comment:

  1. 1A. Know that you are an interesting person and people DO care about what you say.
    2D. Share things that you are interested in or interesting things you read.
    3J. WRITE MORE BLOGS and tweet about those :)

    ReplyDelete