Friday, January 29, 2010

If I only had a week to live.... (CONT'D)

A few weeks ago I was presented with a question, "IF you only had ONE week to live, What would you do?" I would still have to keep my job, so that rules out A LOT. Over the past few weeks, I have really been thinking about what I would want to do before I die. I already have a list of things I would like to do, but that could not be accomplished in one week.
So after thinking about this question extensively, I am coming to the conclusion that I would do exactly what I am doing right now. I would spend time with friends and family. I would honor my commitments that I had made. I would marvel at God's Creation every morning and every night.
I was listening to a sermon the other day and the pastor said "You will never be COMPLETELY satisfied on earth, because you are not in heaven with your Father. You can be happy, you can do things you enjoy, but you will never COMPLETELY be satisfied. Only God and spending eternity with Him can satisfy you."
PRAISE GOD. Ultimately, my goal on earth should be/is to live for Christ, further His Kingdom, and show His love to other people.
This earth, this story, this life is all about Christ...NOT ME.

1 comment:

  1. incredibly wise and inspiring, Jennie! The dissatisfaction is what continually points us to God, so in that way, I guess we should be thanking God for our dissatisfaction. Meanwhile, though, let's keep encouraging each other to strive to please God in our everyday lives and choices and to make decisions that further his Kingdom. Great post - it really made me think about things!

    ReplyDelete