Monday, December 7, 2009

It's the Season. No, wait! Tis! Tis the Season!

Fraser, Colorado, USA
Every year around this time, I make crazy decisions. Not bad crazy, but life altering crazy. I think it has to do with New Year's Resolutions, and the passage of time and taking stock of life.
it was about six years ago that I began the process of taking my sojourn into Oz and quitting my job. It took a lot of paperwork and elbow grease, but a short 9 months later I was packing my car, filling a backpack and getting ready to climb aboard a QANTAS plane heading down under.
Five years ago, I was in wonderful Oz, so I didn't have to worry too much about making changes in my life.
Four years ago, I was planning a trip to Paris and looking for a condo.
Three years ago... nothing. Two years ago... nothing. Last year ... nothing. Which is probably why I'm feeling so unsettled right now. I like planning. I love making lists. Goals are my friends. And I've been stagnant far too long. As you can see from my timeline above, my crazy decisions often take form in fun vacations. I would love a chance to see Spain, Greece, the British Isles. Heck - I would be thrilled with Seattle/Vancouver, the Grand Canyon or San Francisco.
So, (sigh). Maybe in a few weeks, I'll have a concrete, crazy plan to share. Until then, I'll just keep searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment