Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New

Top hat and champagne glass held aloft for New Year's
I was chatting with Jennie and Loggins the other day (separately) and we've all had quite the year. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can safely describe 2009 as particularly underwhelming for each of us.
We are girls (women) with expectations, and I guess sometimes having expectations can lead to disappointment. But sometimes expectations are fulfilled - even surpassed! - which is what keeps us moving along. So, while the three of us look back at 2009 and give it a resounding "Eh." we look ahead to 2010 with a sigh of hope - and yes - expectation.
This is what I know: we can't have gotten to 2010 without 2009, and I think that when things unravel (in a good way!) in 2010, we'll see that's ever true ... 2009 was a year of slow, plodding progress for each of us. Jobs, relationships, purpose... that will all come to fruition in the year ahead. I really believe it. Watch out, 2010. We're girls (women) with expectations.

1 comment: