Monday, June 28, 2010

I Think It All Started For Me...

Aerial view of Hawaiian mountains with rainbow
I can't speak for my friends, but I've been having a time, lately. The time is best described as frustration with God, a waiting period that feels as though it's never-ending. I feel that I am unable to enjoy the present and I'm constantly looking ahead to find my purpose or fulfill some longing.
And I'm working on it.
But my relationship with God has definitely been affected (not necessarily in a bad way), but I have been working through a lot of things with my Savior, and not always feeling as though it's been a two-way conversation. But the thing is, there are some things that I know are true, based on past experiences and also “because the Bible tells me so”. So here are some words I hold steadfastly to:
God is good.
When I seek him, I'll find him.
And then Romans 8:26-28:
Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
Oh, that text has been really guiding me lately.
Also, I am all about Psalm 23, since we had an awesome sermon on it at church yesterday. It's chock full o'goodness. I could probably focus on a different word each day and get so much from that passage. (Right now, I'm all about "He restores my soul.")
Anyway, this all comes up because Mr. John Mark McMillan, master singer and songwriter, wrote this post on his blog, which is … well, just what I needed to hear.
So one day, I'll have the rest of my story: I think it all started for me ….

1 comment: