Monday, July 19, 2010

I think I am a mean girl.


I think I'm a Mean Girl.
I am an avoider. When I see someone I know in public, I avoid them. I am not proud of this quality, but it is like a reflex. I don't even realize I am doing it until I've turned my face or walked the other way, hoping the person didn't see me. I also “act like” I didn't see the person. Usually, the person acts like they didn't see me either, so I don't feel so bad when that happens. Although, you can act like you didn't see the person, but sometimes they will NOT allow you to “not see” them. The non-avoider will usually make a big ruckus, call out your name or run over to you. I am actually kind of okay with this, because if the person really wants to talk to me...I will talk to them. I am not much of a small talker. I would rather do the half-wave in acknowledgement that I know the person, but you both recognize that you have nothing of any worth to talk about with each other. That is the IDEAL situation for me.
I need to add a disclaimer, the avoiding USUALLY happens with acquaintances. Although I caught myself doing it to a friend the other day. I know...I know...Mean girl.
This is the constant battle within myself: Am I mean girl or not?

1 comment:

  1. I'm an avoider of people. Often of friends. it happens. But I know it's better not to be. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete