Friday, September 3, 2010

Juggling

Young Man Juggling
A few things.

First, I was reading old posts yesterday, and as I mournfully told Jennie, I used to be funnier. Well, I'll try to be funny again, but probably not today, which leads me to my second point...

Secondly, yeesh! What in the world?! I feel like I am one of those crazy awesome people who spins plates and I've got like 10 up in the air and I'm supposed to add 2 more. Right now.
I am captain of my tennis league this season, which basically means that I need to piece together puzzles of people who are able to play on a certain day, have a preference between doubles and singles and get decently equal time playing as others. This is hard.
Plus, I have this pesky full-time gig that keeps getting in my way (not complaining! I like having a job!) and we're going to start new processes for the "opportunities" we've been having. "Opportunities" is business-speak for "problems". It's really annoying. Plus, I like to get out and do fun stuff outside of work and tennis once in awhile. PLUS, I also like volunteering.
So, I'm getting it together, right before your very eyes. I like to think I'm an organized person but this is really going to challenge me.

Thirdly! this Bible verse has been stuck in my head. It's a pretty scary verse from Ezekiel where God speaks to Ezekiel. A few months ago, I was all, "Ezekiel, huh? Don't know much about that. I'll read it!" and -- I won't lie (uh, definitely not in a post where I'm quoting the Bible) -- but I didn't finish it. Because it's NUTS. I mean, nuts in a good way, but still: NUTS. Go ahead, read it. We'll chat. IT'S NUTS.
Here you go:
Ezekiel 20:33
"As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "surely with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out, I shall be king over you. (NASB)
Here's The Message translation:
As sure as I am the living God, says God, the Master, think again! With a mighty show of strength and a terrifying rush of anger, I will be King over you! I'll bring you back from the nations, collect you out of the countries to which you've been scattered, with a mighty show of strength and a terrifying rush of anger. I'll bring you to the desert of nations and haul you into court, where you'll be face-to-face with judgment.
Basically, don't mess with God. The words are terrifying, but I also love it at the same time.

And finally! The juggling picture from above reminds me of a hypnotically cool activity that I just recently heard of. Check it out: hooping.

No comments:

Post a Comment